What is Pilates?
Pilates is a dynamic conditioning form of exercise, which specifically targets our deep, core muscles whilst also strengthening and lengthening your global muscles. Pilates and core stability go hand in hand. Core stability muscles include deep abdominal, back and pelvic floor muscles.
With Pilates exercise you learn to
- Increase your body awareness
- Become familiar with your spinal posture and how to modify it
- Isolate and use deep abdominal muscles to support the spine
- Lengthen and strengthen your global muscles
The benefits of Pilates are
- Core stability and strength
- Injury prevention
- Relief from spinal pain
- Improved posture
- Better balance and coordination
- Enhanced sport performance
- Heightened mind body awareness