Strength And Conditioning
Strength and Conditioning is the physical and physiological development of athletes for elite sport performance. It improves their ability to work easily and/or with lessened stress while performing a chosen activity.
The role of the Strength and Conditioning coach is to bridge the gap between the theory of training and applied training, through a well constructed programme that will add to the rehabilitation, speed, agility, endurance and strength of the athletes while remaining injury free.
Benefits of strength and conditioning programmes:
- Increased Lean Muscle Mass
- Decreased Body Fat
- Increased Power Production
- Increased Speed
- Improved Health and Cardiovascular Fitness
- Improved Physical Appearance
- Reduced Risk of Injury, Improved Posture and Joint Support
- Improved Mobility and Flexibility
- Improved Mental Well-being and Confidence